The overall objective of HEED-Africa project is to develop and implement a harmonised entrepreneurship education ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa through enhanced academic mobility across five regional higher education institutions. The main aim is to:
- Promote increased adoption of entrepreneurship education in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Stimulate socio-economic mobility through harmonised entrepreneurship education to reduce poverty and mobilise the entrepreneurial potential of students and graduates.
- Contribute to the improvement of the quality of higher education, through the promotion of internationalisation and harmonisation of entrepreneurship programmes.
- Reinforce the end eavours the roles of African higher education institutions in general, as catalysts for socio-economic development.
- Increase access to quality higher education by enabling students, academics and staffs to benefit culturally and professionally.
By the end of the project’s five-year implementation period HEED-Africa is expected to produce the following outcomes.
- A harmonised entrepreneurship education template to improve the entrepreneurial skills and capabilities of beneficiaries, thereby boost the prospects for sustainable, and inclusive development and growth in Ethiopia, Ghana, South Africa, Uganda and the sub-regions.
- Sustainable and inclusive development of institutional capabilities for entrepreneurship education delivery and for entrepreneurial skills acquisition amongst beneficiaries.
- Promotion of discourses, and diffusion of entrepreneurship education best practices amongst higher education institutions leadership, policy makers and key actors on higher education sector across Eastern, Southern and Western African sub-regions.
- Policy recommendations and framework for the development of a sustainable entrepreneurship education template across the academic disciplines, the institutions and regions benefitting from the partnership.
- A powerful platform for joint empirical research and publications that evidence rare insights into the shared experiences of African higher education scholars and students under the partnership.
- Increase higher education quality and access to the professional, social and cultural benefits of academic mobility scheme.
- Stimulate a better and more holistic knowledge and research in intra-Africa Academic mobility based on the experiences of beneficiary’s higher education institutions.
- Promote continental integration between Africa and Europe by creating a network of scientific communities from Africa and Europe who will use the project results for their future research in such field as business, entrepreneurship, international development and the wider social sciences.
- Leveraging experiences and lessons learned to encourage collaboration on entrepreneurship education across the participating countries.
- Dissemination of HEED-Africa project results to foster intra-regional integration in Africa.